We are Smoke Free!
We are proud to support and protect people’s health and wellbeing. To meet our duty of care as an NHS organisation, put NICE Guidance into practice and provide a safe, smoke free place for everyone, the Trust became 100 per cent smoke free on Tuesday 31 May 2016.
This means that service users, visitors and staff are not permitted to smoke on any of our Trust premises, including wards, ward garden areas, car parks and entrances to buildings.
We recognised that moving to a total smoke free environment was a major change. A lot of discussion and preparation took place, along with staff training, to get us ready to do this in the best way possible.
What support is provided?
- Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) is available to help people manage not smoking while on Trust premises. NRT includes nicotine patches, inhalers, gum and lozenges that help take away the urge to smoke
- Service users may use their own e-cigarettes in designated areas if they prefer
- Activities are being offered to replace the activity of smoking
- Stop Smoking support is available for service users and staff who would like to stop smoking permanently
- Staff time previously used to assist smoking breaks is available to support service user recovery
- Staff will also be supported to remain abstinent from smoking at work. Up to six weeks free NRT and face to face support is available. Please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
If you have any questions about SHSC smoke free, please e-mail email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Smoke Free. You can read the report on our Smoke Free launch event here.
Download our leaflets
Service User Leaflet
Easy Read Leaflet
Smoking and Clozapine
Activities on the Ward
Smoking Cessation Support
Yorkshire Smokefree offer a range of support, advice and encouragement to stop smoking and it is completely free of charge. Everyone is different, so there are a range of support options available.
Telephone: 0800 612 0011 (free from landlines)
Telephone: 0330 660 1166 (free from most mobiles)
Visit: http://sheffield.yorkshiresmokefree.nhs.uk/ to find out more, request a call back or to take part in live chat with an advisor online.
Quit Shop, 39 Charles Street, Sheffield S1 2HU – telephone 0800 612 0011 to book an appointment.
Opening hours: Monday 9am-4.45pm; Tuesday 10am-4.45pm; Wednesday 8.30am-7pm; Thursday 9am-4.45pm; Friday 9am-4.45pm; Saturday 9.30am-12.30pm.
Support is also available through the national smoke free service online at www.nhs.uk/smokefree or by telephoning 0300 1231044 (free) to speak to an expert advisor.