Board of Directors
What does the Board of Directors do?
- Formulates strategy based on local needs and circumstances;
- Sets the strategic direction of the Trust within the overall policies and priorities of the Government and the NHS, i.e. translates national strategies into local plans then defines the Trust’s annual and longer term objectives and agrees plans to achieve them;
- Oversees the delivery of planned results by monitoring performance against objectives and ensuring corrective action is taken where necessary.
What are the Board’s Responsibilities?
- To ensure that effective financial stewardship through value for money, financial control and financial planning and strategy;
- To ensure those high standards of corporate governance are maintained in the conduct of the business of the Trust;
- To appoint, appraise and remunerate senior executives;
- To ensure that there is effective dialogue between the Trust and the local community on the Trust’s plans and performance and that these are responsive to the community’s needs.
Who sits on the Board?
Below are the Board of Director’s members. If you would like to know more about each member, please see the Board Member Biography page.
Chair: Jayne Brown OBE
Clive Clarke – Interim Chief Executive and Executive Director of Operations
Dr Mike Hunter – Executive Medical Director
Liz Lightbown – Executive Director of Nursing, Professions & Care Standards
Phillip Easthope – Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Finance
Councillor Olivia Blake
Sandie Keene CBE
Professor Brendan Stone (Associate Non-Executive Director)
There are also two Directors who are members of the Board in a non-voting capacity:
Dean Wilson – Director of Human Resources
Margaret Saunders – Director of Corporate Governance (Board Secretary)
Register of Interests
The Trust is required to hold a publicly available register of interests of its Board members. Please click here for the register for 2019/20. If you would like access to previous registers, please contact Samantha Stoddart (0114) 2718825.
Board papers are the documents produced for the monthly business meetings of the Board of Directors. You can access the open Board documents from the Meeting Minutes & Agendas page of this website.
The Board of Directors’ meetings are open to members of the public and held monthly. There will be a private section, confidential for Board members only. Therefore, only papers for the Open Board section of the meetings will be available.
Board of Directors’ Meeting Dates for 2019
All Board meetings take place in the Tudor Board Room, Fulwood House, S10 3TH at 10am unless otherwise stated.
- Wednesday 10 April
- Wednesday 08 May
- Wednesday 10 July
- Wednesday 11 September
- Wednesday 09 October
- Wednesday 13 November
- Wednesday 11 December
Standing Orders, Reservation and Delegation of Powers and Standing Financial Instructions
Sheffield Accountable Care Partnership (ACP)
Sheffield ACP is a partnership of health and social care services working together to share responsibility for planning and delivering all health, care and wellbeing services and outcomes for Sheffield. We are a member of the Sheffield ACP. You can find out more about the Sheffield ACP and access information on their public meetings and papers here.