Care Quality Commission Inspection
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) announced a comprehensive inspection of some of our services and visited the Trust during the week commencing 14 November 2016. Other inspection activity took place throughout November 2016, for example, CQC inspectors attended a Board of Directors’ meeting as well as meeting with service users.
The CQC also followed up on any outstanding actions from the last inspection report published in June 2015, particularly in the areas where the Trust was identified as ‘requires improvement’, as well as undertaking checks that all services are safe, effective, caring, responsive and well-led.
The previous inspection reports were published in June 2015 and can be accessed on the CQC website. Once the reports for the inspection of November 2016 are published, they will also be available on the CQC website.
The CQC inspected the following mental health and learning disability services that we are registered to provide:
- Acute wards for adults of working age and psychiatric intensive care unit;
- Long stay/rehabilitation mental health wards for working age adults;
- Forensic in-patient / secure wards;
- Wards for older people with mental health problems;
- Wards for people with a learning disability or autism;
- Community-based mental health services for adults of working age;
- Mental health crisis services and health based places of safety;
- Community-based mental health services for older people;
- Community mental health services for people with a learning disability or autism.
Other Trust services were also visited including our adult social care and The Clover Group GP Practices during the same period.
We welcomed the opportunity to show the improvements that have been made and share good practice with the CQC inspectors. Staff, service users and carers were supported to be involved in the inspection process and were encouraged to be transparent so that the we can learn from any feedback.
You can contact the our Care Quality Team who are coordinated the CQC inspection for the Trust with any queries by emailing email@example.com